If the holidays have you feeling weighed down with heavy foods, this salad is light at heart. Tart cherries and crisp Brussels sprouts with a refreshing orange dressing create a holiday-friendly dish sure to liven up any table.
Time: 20 minutes
- 4 c thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 3/4 c dried cherries
- ¼ c shaved Parmesan cheese
- ½ c olive oil
- 3 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh grated orange zest
¼ c sesame seeds or pine nuts (optional)
- To make the dressing, whisk together olive oil, shallots, honey and orange zest in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, cherries, Parmesan cheese and seeds/nuts (optional). Pour dressing over Brussels sprout mixture. Toss well. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.