Asparagus Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Posted by Catherine Murray on
Salads are labeled as side dishes when they could just as easily become the hero. A marrying of fresh flavors and varying textures, salads are a welcome relief from standard fare. For a larger meal, serve with grilled chicken breast or a chunk of grilled ciabatta bread.
Oleoestepa Arbequina is fruity in taste, most characterized by green fruits, tomatoes and hint of green almond. With a balancing of peppery arugula and fresh oranges, the olive oil sings.
For the Salad
- 8 oz. arugula
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 cup mandarin orange slices (fresh or canned)
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
For the Dressing
- 1/2 C olive oil (Try Oleoestepa Arbequina)
- 1 shallot
- juice of half a lemon
- juice of one mandarin orange
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- dash of salt
- Place all dressing ingredients into a tall bowl or glass. Mix with an immersion blender until very smooth. Set aside.
- Place arugula into a large serving bowl. Using a peeler, shave the asparagus over the arugula, starting at the tips and working down. Discard the hard ends.
- Top with orange slices, almonds, Parmesan and dressing then toss. Serve immediately.
You May Also Like
One of these articlesView More